Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A PhD degree in a relevant field (including, but not limited to, Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Material Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering).
- A minimum of three years of research experience (including graduate research) in the rechargeable battery research field.
- Demonstrated experience in at least one of the following advanced characterization techniques: synchrotrons, electron microscopy and neutron science.
- Demonstrated writing and oral skills for publications and presentations.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in lithium-sulfur battery research with good publication record
- Experience in theoretical calculation of lithium battery electrolyte properties.
- Experience in solid state batteries using ceramic electrolytes.
- Experience in sodium-ion batteries.
Initial 2-year term appointment subject to renewal contingent on performance and funding
BNL policy requires that after obtaining their PhD, eligible candidates for research associate appointments may not exceed a combined total of 5 years of relevant work experience as a post-doc and/or in an R&D position, excluding time associated with family planning, military service, illness or other life-changing events.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time-off and Leave Programs (vacation, holidays, sick leave, paid parental leave)
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Tuition Assistance, Training and Professional Development Programs
- Employee Fitness/Wellness & Recreation: Gym/Basketball Courts, Weight Room, Fitness Classes, Indoor Pool, Tennis Courts, Sports Clubs/Activities (Basketball, Ping Pong, Softball, Tennis)
Brookhaven National Laboratory and the Energy and Photon Sciences Directorate are committed to your success. We offer a supportive work environment and the resources necessary for you to succeed.