Job Seekers, Welcome to NABCEP Career Center
Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 28 Jobs
Loading... Please wait.
University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa
Electrical and Computer Engineering: Assistant Professor in Sustainable Power Engineering (Initial Review 11.15.22)
University of California Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz, California
California State University, Fullerton
Loading... Please wait.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform assessments of implementation of procedures and Quality Assurance Program requirements. This includes developing assessment criteria, assessing implementation of requirements, documenting results, preparing reports, performing follow-up, and tracking corrective actions.
- Perform independent verification of corrective action implementation resulting from internal and external assessments, event causal analyses, critiques, and surveillances.
- Participate on and potentially lead causal analysis teams.
- Review/approval of technical documents (e.g., drawings, engineering change requests, statements of work, specifications, procedures, purchase requisitions) to ensure appropriate quality requirements have been addressed.
- Perform vendor evaluations, including site inspections, factory, and incoming inspection of materials.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of equipment calibration program for each organization. Including procurement, requirements, calibration facility and maintenance of records
- Working closely with directorates and divisions, assist in the development and implementation of Science and Technology business and operations plans.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or scientific discipline.
- Knowledge of and experience implementing quality assurance and quality control methods. *
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to interact with a diverse group of engineers, scientists, and technical staff.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization, both individually as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Core skills include organizational and time management, ability to gather information and resourcefulness in resolving problems.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) and Microsoft Visio.
- The ability to perform field surveillances; ability to be in areas of magnetic fields in excess of 5 gauss and work in radiologically controlled areas.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of or training in specific quality standards or skills (e.g., ISO9001, NQA-1, ASQ Certifications, Auditing,).
- Some level of demonstrated knowledge with the NQA-1 standard for nuclear quality assurance.
- Knowledge of software quality assurance.
- Ability to work independently, have the desire and ability to learn new systems, make informed decisions and regularly exercise a high degree of discretion and judgment.
*Candidate will be placed at the appropriate level based on breadth and depth of knowledge.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical Plans
- Dental Plans
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Swimming Pool, Weight Room, Tennis Courts, and many other employee perks and benefits
About Brookhaven National Laboratory
Brookhaven National Laboratory is a multipurpose research institution funded primarily by the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science. Located on the center of Long Island, New York, Brookhaven Lab brings world-class facilities and expertise to the most exciting and important questions in basic and applied science—from the birth of our universe to the sustainable energy technology of tomorrow. We operate cutting-edge large-scale facilities for studies in physics, chemistry, biology, medicine, applied science, and a wide range of advanced technologies. The Laboratory's almost 3,000 scientists, engineers, and support staff are joined each year by more than 4,000 visiting researchers from around the world. Our award-winning history, including seven Nobel Prizes, stretches back to 1947, and we continue to unravel mysteries from the nanoscale to the cosmic scale, and everything in between. Brookhaven is operated and managed by Brookhaven Science Associates, which was founded by the Research Foundation for the State University of New York on behalf of Stony Brook University, and Battelle, a nonprofit applied science and technology organization.
More Jobs from This Employer
Loading. Please wait.