Responsible for the operation, leadership, and management of clinical nutrition services, bariatric, and diabetes education. Utilizes critical thinking skills and advanced knowledge to implement quality Medical Nutrition Therapy and cost effective patient care.
Essential Job Duties
1. Provides value-based leadership to establish a high functioning clinical nutrition team, bariatric, and diabetes education team and operates in an accountable environment.
2. Collaborates with food-service management to facilitate a seamless integration of the nutrition care process.
3. Facilitates all human resource functions including: hiring, staffing, training, mentoring, evaluating, conflict resolution, constructive discipline, and termination.
4. Establishes policies and procedures using evidenced based Medical Nutrition Therapy, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, best practices, and established regulatory guidelines.
5. Instigates and develops department strategic plans, initiatives, and goals to improve efficiency and provide quality Medical Nutrition Therapy, Bariatric, and Diabetes Education.
6. Responsible for developing department budget and meeting budget goals including expenses, revenue and productive labor hours.
7. Initiates and collaborates on research and continuous quality improvement projects and integrates results into evidence-based practice.
8. Serves as a liaison providing nutrition and diabetes education and resources to healthcare professionals, the dietetics profession, diabetes education, and the community.
9. Participates as an active member of the Intermountain Clinical Nutrition Management Task Force and other Intermountain teams in standardizing nutrition care and diabetes education.
Intermountain Healthcare now uses a video interviewing program to help review and screen candidates. If you are moved onto the next steps of the application process, you may get an email or text with an invitation and instructions on how to complete your video interview. Please make sure to check your spam folder as sometimes these emails can get lost.
Additional Details: Prefer candidate has CNSC (Certified Nutrition Support Clinician) certification. This position will cover inpatient acute care at Intermountain Medical Center, LDS Hospital, Alta View Hospital, Riverton Hospital, and Dialysis.
Masters in dietetics, nutrition, management or related field. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
Certified Dietitian State of Utah.
Registered Dietitian through the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
Food handler's permit (as required by facility).
Successful completion of an approved Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics program.
Five years of clinical nutrition experience.
Demonstrated knowledge of current medical nutrition therapy.
Demonstrated leadership and administrative experience.
Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
Operate computers and other equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
See and read computer monitors and documents.
Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
Specialty certification such as CDE, CSP, CSR, CNSD, etc.
Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics or other related professional associations / organizations.
Demonstrated research and refereed publications credit.
Internal Number: 232849
About Intermountain Healthcare
Intermountain Healthcare is a Utah-based, not-for-profit system of 23 hospitals, a Medical Group with more than 1,600 physicians and advanced practice clinicians at about 180 clinics, a health plans division called SelectHealth, and other health services. Helping people live the healthiest lives possible, Intermountain is widely recognized as a leader in clinical quality improvement and efficient healthcare delivery.