- Engineering degree: BSEE, MS/ME, or Masters (or equivalent) in electrical engineering with emphasis on electric power engineering with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the power systems studies consulting field or electric utility system planning field or with a transmission and distribution manufacturer’s application engineering group, or equivalent education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of electric power systems and equipment operation and control.
- Advanced knowledge of DERs and PV Renewable Generation Industry and emerging uses.
- Advanced interpersonal skills with ability to maintain relationships with diverse customer and supplier groups.
- Ability to analyze technical products and market need to arrive at an appropriate product roadmap.
- Advanced organizational, presentation, communication and technical writing skills.
Applicants for this position MUST have authorization to legally work in the U.S. that does not require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status). Individuals who require such sponsorship now or in the future are not eligible for hire for this opening.
About the Division
Mitsubishi Electric Power Products Inc. (MEPPI) and the Electrical Distribution Division (EDD) have been serving the electric utility transmission and distribution markets, the mining industry, and the industrial distribution industry with our medium voltage products since 2005. EDD designs, manufactures and supplies high quality, robust, customized, vacuum and gas circuit breakers with minimal maintenance requirements. Although the distribution equipment market is highly competitive, the interests of our customers remain focused on advanced technology, quality and reliability. As a result, we have experienced significant growth, leading us to larger facilities and expanded manufacturing operations in 2014. Currently, EDD stands as a two-shift operation, approaching 70 employees, supporting a ten year supply history of over 6,000 gas and vacuum circuit breakers. We have developed solid footing and a strong reputation for reliable, quality equipment within the distribution market. We are also very excited about our new endeavors that support Smart Grid initiatives and distribution automation technologies with distribution power electronics equipment.
About the company
Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc. Headquartered in Warrendale, Pa., Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc. is a U.S. affiliate of Mitsubishi Electric Corporation responsible for serving the North American power systems, rail transportation and water treatment industries with electrical and electronic products, systems and services. Products include gas circuit breakers, vacuum circuit breakers, power transformers, gas insulated sub-stations, power electronics and electricity transmission technologies, generator services, ozone water treatment systems, uninterruptible power supplies and rail transportation equipment. Information on Mitsubishi Electric Power Products’ complete line of products and services can be found at www.MEPPI.com.
Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package including 401k, paid vacation and holidays, medical, dental and vision coverage and more!
To be considered, Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Requisition # 1437
- No Agencies – No phone calls
- EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability