Title: Field Service Technician
Reports to: Field Service Manager
Location: San Francisco (Bay Area)
REC Solar is a trusted provider of high-quality solar and energy-saving solutions to a wide range of commercial customers nationwide, including businesses, governments and non-profits. The company provides financed end-to-end service offerings to help its customers reduce energy costs, decrease greenhouse gas emissions and demonstrate corporate sustainability. As a Duke Renewable Ventures portfolio company, REC has access to an unprecedented depth of expertise and partners that we can use to positively impact our customer’s energy strategies.
Our team has unmatched expertise in helping customers maximize their solar investments. Their skillsets, passion and commitment to our clients sets us apart. We are looking for team members that want to make a difference at REC Solar, for our customers and in the world.
REC Solar is looking for a highly skilled and motivated Service Technician interested in joining one of the nation’s leading providers of commercial solar and energy solutions. REC Service Technicians are responsible for ensuring the end to end safety, quality and performance of solar PV systems. This includes performing preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, and periodic supervision of laborers. The ideal candidate thinks critically, can work well independently, and is a problem solver skilled at troubleshooting.
Qualified Service Technicians are provided 1st in class safety and technical training with full office support. Once qualified, Technicians are assigned a company vehicle stocked with spare parts and testing equipment, a laptop or tablet, smart phone, and company expense card.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Adhere to REC Solar’s safety and quality standards
- Complete all site maintenance documentation in a timely manner including labor hours, materials used, issues discovered while onsite and work performed
- Provide regular and clear communication regarding work schedule to Field Service Manager
- Have flexible work hours, which may include over time and periodic weekend support
- Comply with REC Service procedures, best practices, documentation, processes, and protocols
- Coordinate with site facility personnel, REC management, customers, vendors, and labor support in a professional and customer-centric manner
- Able to work in different roles from supporting the Quality Department with commissioning to overseeing major system refurbishments.
Quality Inspections & Commissioning
- Enforce all company quality standards
- Attend pre-commissioning meetings and help ensure that the project team is ready for a final quality inspection and full system commissioning
- Perform site quality, Data Acquisition System (DAS) and PV system inspection and commissioning, and provide testing documentation, quality scoring, and a fully detailed punch list in a timely manner Work with equipment/inverter/DAS technical support and REC’s DAS Specialist while onsite to resolve any DAS issues
- Follow up on completion of punch list items prior to allowing a system into operation
Troubleshooting and Minor Repairs:
- Perform onsite troubleshooting, identify the root cause of an issue, perform or recommend corrective actions, or open a service case with the equipment manufacturer
- Coordinate with vendors in support of on-site troubleshooting efforts
- Troubleshoot DAS, SCADA, and Tracker facility network, and electrical problems on live PV power plants
- Perform performance testing on PV systems, including but not limited to; insulation testing (megger testing), I-V curve testing, thermal imagery, torque tests and performance evaluations
- Be familiar with AC and DC sides of 600V and 1000V sides of positive, negative, and ungrounded PV systems
Inspections & Preventative Maintenance
- Perform periodic maintenance and inspections on PV systems, including the electrical, mechanical, and data acquisition system
- Perform monthly inspections of any issued vehicle or calibrated equipment/tools
Earn & save for your future
We offer a very competitive compensation/benefits package designed for you to earn, save and live well.
Industry competitive base salary
Medical, dental & vision coverage
401K savings plan
Flexible spending account
Casual work environment & dress code
Opportunity for career growth and advancement
Help us realize our vision
To build a sustainable energy future by providing our customers the power to choose solar and smart energy services to lower cost, decrease greenhouse gas emissions and demonstrate corporate responsibility.
REC Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. REC Solar complies with all applicable state, federal and local laws, regulations and ordinances prohibiting discrimination in places where we operate.