JOB SUMMARY: Ensures that the building HVAC and Controls Systems are operating at their optimum performance and energy efficiency levels independently. This assurance is provided through the development and implementation of energy conservation measures and continuous commissioning of the building systems.
Responsible for the development of Commissioning Plans for HVAC systems and equipment.
Performs commissioning of HVAC systems and equipment based on the Commissioning Plan.
Responsible for the accumulation of data necessary to develop and maintain building specific energy usage baselines.
Identify, develop and implement energy conservation initiatives.
Measure and verify the energy savings generated by implemented energy conservation measures.
AUDIT PLANNING (EXPERT):- Ability to anticipate resource needs and then arrange, prioritize and shape activities to meet objectives.
OPERATIONAL AUDITING (EXPERT):- Ensuring compliance with established policy and procedures and to recommending any necessary changes. It will include the independent review and examination of records and activities to assess the adequacy of the design and operational effectiveness of information technology or internal controls, to ensure compliance with established policies and operational procedures, and to recommend necessary changes in controls, policies, or procedures.
VARIANCE ANALYSIS (EXPERT):- Analysis of the factors that have caused the difference between the pre-determined standards and the actual results.
CONTROL TESTING (EXPERT):- The activities performed by auditors in gathering evidence as to the effectiveness of operations of control procedures. Understands that tests of control include observation, inspection, testing and inquiry. Recognizes that where the information system is computerized, evidence may also be gathered using computer assisted audit techniques.
AUDIT BEST PRACTICES (ADVANCED):- The sets of refined policies, procedures, processes, techniques, tools and methodologies that have been optimized for efficiency and effectiveness, and adopted within the organization.
Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas.
Team Interaction: Acts as a go-to resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P3):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P3):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P3):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P3):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P3):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.