The Staff Engineer performs engineering analysis; drafting; field design; survey; project design, calculations, and layout; contract administration; inspection; engineering related computer aided technology and applications; and related duties as required.
Essential Job Functions (Reason position exists is to perform these functions)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Performs electric load flow analysis to evaluate electric system performance and operation. Identify current and future electric system deficiencies using electric engineering software such as: Milsoft WinMil Engineering Analysis. Additionally, analyze coordination schemes and develop settings using Milsoft Light Table.
2. Assists in the development of electrical load modeling studies, load forecasting, demand response programs and smart metering applications.
3. Identifies and makes recommendations for contingency planning for critical loads and customers.
4. Manages company projects as directed. Develops and monitors project budgets, coordinates and oversees work. Plans and manages all aspects of project design, development and implementation.
5. Participates in Construction Standards, makes recommendations for engineering and operations design standards. Develops and maintains drawings and necessary material specifications for company construction units as needed.
6. Assists in the development of the annual budget and other studies as affected by the Engineering department. Provides information for budgeting and prepares cost estimates.
7. Assists engineering personnel with field design, surveying, easements, permits, contracts, and design work/engineering as directed.
8. Works with Net Metering and renewable energy programs.
9. Assists with SCADA, Outage Management System (OMS), after hour call center and dispatch system operations.
10. Maintains and updates electric system diagram(s): making necessary field checks and drafting changes using AutoCAD.
1. Participates in “On-call Supervisor” duty on a rotating basis.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
1. Problem Solving/Analysis.
2. Technical Capacity.
3. Communication Proficiency. Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
4. Collaboration Skills.
May backup the Engineering Manager in supervising the engineering department as assigned.
This position is exposed to external weather conditions including rain sleet, snow, etc., as well as varying degree of cold and hot temperatures. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as; computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This role will also require the use of field equipment such as; transit, theodolite and measuring wheel.
This is a sedentary and active role that may require the ability to occasionally lift items up to 40 pounds. This position will also require walking/hiking on uneven brushy terrain (up and down hill slopes) and require ability to drive company vehicles. Exposure to extreme weather conditions will be experienced.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative operates on a four/ten work schedule.
Ability to travel to the different district offices is required. Occasional travel to training seminars and/or conferences is required.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field preferred.
2. Minimum five years of related professional experience required.
3. Rural electric cooperative experience preferred.
4. Valid Oregon driver’s license and insurability.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. Strong MS Office Suite skills.
2. Milsoft WinMil and Light Table analysis experience.
3. AutoCAD and ArcGIS experience.
4. Knowledge of the National Electric Safety Code (NESC) and the National Electric Code (NEC).
5. Reliable transportation for getting to work.
6. Must be free from illegal drugs; may be subject to random and /or suspicion testing.
The specific statements reflected in each section of this position description are not intended to be all-inclusive, but rather the basic elements and criteria considered being necessary in order to satisfactorily perform the duties associated with the position.
Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO APPLY VISIT https://www.indeedjobs.com/coos-curry-electric-cooperative