Location: Seattle, WA. Travel throughout the United States and Canada may comprise up to 10% of time.
Program Description: The employee commute team manages Transportation Demand Management (TDM) programs at distribution facilities across North America for a large corporate client. The team is dedicated to providing employees with a variety of transportation options that reduce their reliance on driving alone.
Position Description: The Transportation Planner will work closely with the Program Manager and other stakeholders to develop a variety of TDM programs for site-level employees. Transportation Planners work directly with their assigned portfolio of sites to improve public transit, coordinate private shuttles, facilitate carpooling and other commute options, ensure compliance with all air quality regulations, host marketing and engagement events, and develop relationships with a variety of stakeholders in order to drive continual improvement of transportation programs.
Program Development & Implementation
· Lead conversations with transit agencies, TMAs, public officials and internal stakeholders to identify, fund and implement transit improvements
· Implement customized TDM programs. Program elements may include rideshare, transit, ride-hail, walking, bicycling, shuttles, and employee engagement programs
· Partner with Legal department to draft and negotiate transportation-related contracts
· Analyze workplace data (shift schedule, headcount, home zip code, etc.) to inform decision-making process
· Research TDM best practices to identify and implement improved processes and pilot programs
· Source and manage third-party shuttle service
· Manage commute-related air quality compliance programs, including data collection, employee surveys, and reporting
· Work with contractors and outside subject matter experts on projects related to new site selection, traffic management planning, and infrastructure modification
· Plan, schedule, coordinate, and host on-site transportation fairs and tabling events to engage and educate employees on their commute options
· Manage commute-related subsidies and incentives
· Field program-related inquiries from ground-level employees and site-level management
Stakeholder Engagement & Relationship Building
· Clearly communicate, verbally and in writing, with a wide range of stakeholders including management, ground-level associates, Human Resources and external stakeholders
· Pro-actively develop and grow relationships with area transportation organizations, compliance jurisdictions, TMAs and agencies
· Meet onsite with site-level leaders in order to build relationships, communicate program requirements, and develop positive ongoing working relationships
With access to top-tier market intelligence, planning, local site selection and asset strategies, our Global Workplace Services offering includes Enterprise Facilities Management (EFM), Project Management (PJM), Advisory & Transaction Services (A&T), and Management Consulting. We offer end-to-end expertise across all workplace types, scalable delivery, a commitment to world-class safety and ongoing innovations in building efficiencies, energy conservation and CRE technology.
Required Experience and Attributes:
· Enthusiasm for / interest in sustainable transportation
· Desire to travel up to 10% of time
· BA/BS in urban planning, real estate, geography, business, sustainability, or a related field
· 3-5 years of experience, not including internships or coursework, working in transportation demand management or related field where relevant skills can be demonstrated
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and pro-actively manage workload and time
· Experience coordinating outreach and marketing events
· Experience driving projects and programs forward with limited supervision
· Excellent communication and customer service skills (writing sample will be requested)
· Strong public speaking skills and the ability to lead short but effective meetings
· Proficiency using MS Office Suite
· Excellent organizational skills
· Intellectual curiosity and a desire for continuous improvement
Desired Experience and Attributes:
· Advanced degree in urban planning, real estate, geography, business, sustainability, or a related field
· Data collection, analysis, and reporting skills
· Advanced knowledge of Excel
· Proficiency using ArcGIS
Internal Number: 18023704
With broader and deeper capabilities than any other company, CBRE is the leading full-service real estate services and investment organization in the world.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2017 revenues of $14.2 billion and more than 80,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #214 in 2017. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 17 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in the real estate sector for six years in a row. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.