Scope of Position: Responsible for Corporate procurement and vendor management as needed and/or in collaboration with Business Segment Stakeholders for our renewable energy businesses in procuring goods and services while ensuring overall objectives, procurement strategies, and compliance requirements.
Reports to: EDF RS Purchasing Manager Division/Department: Operations and Maintenance Location: San Diego, CA Classification: Exempt
Working Conditions: 80-90% of time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of various Microsoft software/programs), phones, and general office equipment. 10-20% of time is spent outside of the office visiting vendors’ and/or internal customers’ sites in additional to attending various conferences and meetings.
• Provide support and/or guidance for the procurement of requirements from the Information Technology (IT), Facilities, HR, travel related, OCC, and other assigned business segments with the highest level of service.
• Manage the collaborative creation of Requests for Information (RFI)/Requests for Proposal (RFP)/Request for Quote (RFQ) and issue the appropriate resulting documents directly to vendors in accordance with company policies and compliance requirements.
• Manage the RFP/RFQ Stakeholders evaluations of service offerings against requirements and the recommendation of source selection through the use of objective criteria, a total cost perspective and sound supply management logic to determine the most desirable suppliers, while being supportive of Company strategies and compliance requirements.
• Ability to take an active role in the planning, development, formatting, and writing effective and comprehensive Agreements, Statements of Work (SOW), and other resulting contracts, from information derived, analyzed, and negotiated from the RFP/RFQ process or other requirements documents and Stakeholder meetings.
• Manage alliance with approved suppliers which include negotiations, pricing and/or costing analysis, delivery-to-want, issues resolution, quality assurance, and performance reviews.
• Own and manage the Procure-to-Pay process and surrounding functions as assigned.
• Work with internal and external cross-functional teams to introduce new products, supplier selections/analysis/negotiations and ongoing savings initiatives.
• Participate and coordinate with cross-functional teams to achieve: team goals and objectives, drive continuous improvements, and accomplish cost reduction targets and objectives.
• Other related duties as assigned.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management / Business Administration from a four-year College or University with a minimum of four years related purchasing experience; or eight plus years of related purchasing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. • Solid relationship building and interpersonal skill-set with suppliers, internal & external customers, peers, and cross-functional teams. • Excellent verbal and written communications skills, as well as excellent problem-solving abilities. • Requires Negotiations, Analytical, and Decision-Making Skills to extract and determine the best value for the company with the ability to evaluate the many pros and cons of each, based on price, quality, and deliverability, and other pertinent objective criteria. • Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets contracts, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. • Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and presentations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers. • Solid foundation in procurement/purchasing practices, risk mitigation methods, contract development process, and time management techniques. • Advanced functional knowledge and experience in MS Office and SAP and/or Oracle applications. • Ability to travel domestically and internationally to attend periodic meetings.
• IT Hardware and Software Application Purchasing • ISM or APICS certification • Six Sigma certification or knowledge desirable • SAP/Oracle certification • Renewable Energy experience
About EDF Renewables
EDF Renewables is dedicated in our efforts to create the most efficient renewable energy projects possible, for our own portfolio and for third parties. We have more than 28 years of expertise in the renewable industry, and a portfolio of over 6.1 gigawatts of developed projects and 3.2 gigawatts of installed capacity. We specialize in wind and solar photovoltaic with presence in other segments of the renewable energy market: biogas, biomass, hydro, marine energy, and storage solutions.
Our O&M group, EDF Renewable Services, is the leading provider of third-party operations and maintenance services in North America with over 10.5 gigawatts of power under contract. EDF Renewable Services understands renewable energy facilities represent a substantial investment and takes an owner-operator approach to ensure maximum returns on the asset, full project value, and ongoing profitability for new and existing facilities. As part of a global organization with utility-scale wind and solar plants, the company brings depth of experience to every project.
From site selection to asset management, we provide extensive services along the entire value chain. With our experience and meticulous... attention to detail, our talented professionals ensure that green electricity stays in the black. EDF Renewable Energy and EDF Renewable Services will continue to work collaboratively with customers and clients as a local partner, ensuring mutual respect and accountability to deliver the best projects and service possible. We understand it's not just about the health of the planet. It's also about the well-being and prosperity of the businesses and communities who partner with us.
In August 2011, EDF group (Electricite de France) acquired the remaining 50% of EDF Energies Nouvelles (the EDF subsidiary specializing in renewable energy), fully integrating enXco and enXco Service Corporation, branding us as EDF Renewable Energy and EDF Renewable Services.
BACK TO TOP
Primary references are publications that are cited as references during examination development.