The EHS Manager provides technical oversight of a complete and integrated health, safety and environmental program and management systems to reduce to a minimum the number of undesirable occurrences and conditions which may result in injury or disease to employees, accidental damage to or loss of Company property, environmental impacts, public liability claims, or adverse public relations, and to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Directs the overall activities of safety, hygiene and environmental personnel at the Shoemakersville plant.
Provides staff services in safety, hygiene and environmental. Provides environmental, health and safety technical support services to Shoemakersville Plant outside service providers.
These responsibilities include the following:
* Provides technical assistance and guidance to plant management in preventing and eliminating hazards to loss to equipment and facilities, harm to the surrounding environment, public liability claims and adverse publicity arising from accidental occurrences.
* Provides technical assistance and guidance to plant management in protecting employees, contractors, service providers, visitors, materials, equipment and facilities from operational hazards.
* Conducts a continuing program of safety, hygiene and environmental education.
* Coordinates and evaluates the total safety, hygiene and environmental program including assisting the plant management staff in developing and implementing integrated plant environmental, health and safety management systems, strategies, programs and procedures.
* Assists plant management in ensuring compliance with applicable local, state and federal environmental, health, safety and environmental laws and regulations.
* Assists plant management and staff with community relations activities. Principle Working Relationships
* Directly accountable to the Plant Manager.
* As a member of the Plant Management staff, assists in the daily operations of the plant and advises the Team on environmental, health and safety matters.
* Works with all production and service managers in the establishment of safety and environmental practices and plans for their respective areas.
* Participates with Corporate Medical and Corporate EH&S in maintaining a sound hygiene, safety and environmental program.
* Coordinates with the Human Resources Manager in the indoctrination of new employees on the special precautions required in plant working areas.
* Coordinates with the Maintenance Department in controlling exposure of contractor personnel and maintaining adequate records to protect the Company.
* Maintains communication with all Business Units and departments of the plant in establishing and conducting an adequate and continuing hazard control.
* Communicates with the Human Resources Manager in administration of personnel policies, procedures and plans: and seeks assistance in the selection, training, transfer and termination of personnel.
* Consults with the Plant Controller in the preparation and summation of records necessary for financial control of department activities, including payment of personnel.
* Cooperates with the Federal EPA and State DEP, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, in connection with industrial waste management, inplant and outplant pollution controls, worker health and safety, and adherence to requirements and regulations.
* Works with Facilities Engineering in approving equipment installation, modification or alteration, and building design to insure compliance with environmental, hygiene and safety practices.
* Maintains close communication with the Medical Department on all matters which pertain to occupational illness or injury and prepares investigation reports for determination of compensability under PA Workers’ Compensation regulations.
* Works with Corporate EH&S group to implement corporate EH&S policies, programs, procedures, and standards. May work with staff from other Materion facilities to provide environmental, health and safety technical support services
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
Bachelor degree in an appropriate technical field
Minimum of 7 years experience in Environmental, and Health and Safety within a manufacturing environment
Minimum 3 years in a supervisory capacity
CSP and / or CIH designation preferred
Internal Number: 2018-2323
Materion is an advanced materials company that is making a difference in the ever changing world in which we live. Our employees have the opportunity to do exciting and interesting work helping our customers produce innovative products and services that you use every day.
Materion is positioned in high growth global markets. We are everywhere. Our materials are in the mobile devices you carry with you, on the planes and automobiles you travel in, in the medical equipment that helps ensure your health, they are used by the organizations that provide the energy our modern society relies on, and the high technology that fuels global communications, satellite imagery, and space exploration.
Materion provides truly innovative material solutions to solve our customers' technical challenges. Our businesses strive to move quickly and be agile. We hire the best and work to develop great talent that wants to grow, contribute, and make a difference, in a fun and challenging environment